Friday, January 22, 2010

Never Throw Anything Away

I’ve been told this many times about my writing. I have not followed it. I don’t think I ever intent to delete files, but the get put in obscure folders and as I move from old computer to new some of the folders just don’t make the transition.

From now on I’m going to be more careful. Working on a character study for my new novel, I realized that the woman I was writing about was actually the main character of a short story that I wrote four years ago, but didn’t like very much. So I went looking for the file of that story. Nope. Not there. Gone. I could have sworn I saved it to the “needs work” folder but it isn’t there. Extensive searching has produced nothing. So now I’m recreating it from memory. I will be much more anal about these things from now on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me dude