Thursday, August 30, 2018

Writing – cathedral raisins

cathedral ceiling

Where lies the cathedral of the soul? I have chocolate-covered raisins.

I want to create a world where both those sentences have equal weight. A world where raisins and the soul have the same importance. So far I am failing wonderfully. As I may have said before, I enjoy writing. Not just the accomplishment, but the process as well. In the past I've accepted compromises in my stories in an attempt to finish them. Not this time. This one is going to be perfect. Of course by that I mean perfection to my vision. Each piece is getting better, but they all have a long way to go. The characters are fuzzy, the plot is forking and dead-ending and even the scenery changes from rewrite to rewrite. It's like putting together a puzzle where the pieces keep changing. And I love it. I will conquer this world of my own creation. When I do I will wring a story out of it. The hungry freaks will weep.

The post Writing – cathedral raisins appeared first on Tom Flanders World.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me dude