Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bike Project Updates

I've been busy working on the bikes lately so I thought I'd give you all an update.

The Lambo - Most importantly the Schwalbe tires and tubes have done their job and it's been many months since I had a flat. I've also gotten better at getting the Shimano Tourney drivetrain into tune. The front shifts into first almost every time now and the rear now upshifts into fourt just fine, though downshifting requires a trip to third first.

The ebaby - After a long time I finally got around to finishing the big project. The great day of the test ride finally came and it scared me to death. I didn't know that a bike could handle that badly. Well, some research and many adjustments later it is nearly rideable. I managed to damage the headset so I had to order another. When it comes I am 73% sure that all the handling issues will be corrected.

Foldy - At a yard sale I bought this folding mountain bike in need of some TLC. I paid too much, $75, but it was perfect for taking in the RV so I bought it. Turns out all it needed was some new tubes and a tuneup. Unfortunately I managed to ride it less than a mile before the RV, and within it the folding bike, got stolen. Ah well.

Cycling goals for 2011 - Slow progress has pushed most of my earlier goals to next year, but one is still on track. I'm trying to ride 1000 miles in 2011. So far I've gone 740 miles. That means I need less than 100 miles a month.

The next project - I'm looking for something I can work on and funkify. Got a crappy bike sitting in your garage or cellar that you're not using? Drop me a note and I'll haul it away free of charge. (Aren't I nice?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me dude